Provide LED Strobe / Beacon Visual Indication of Line Status
The Announcer Light provides high visibility indication of analog line status through a high powered 360º LED strobe and/or beacon visual indicator. The BLK-4 is the ideal solution for the hearing impaired and can be used equally well in loud warehouses or factories, where ringing phones can not be heard. Alternatively, the BLK-4 can be used to add emergency notification to pre-existing emergency phones by turning on the strobe light when the emergency phone is in use.
The included control module has a disable input which is ideal for two-button emergency phones, such as Viking's E-1600-20A, allowing "Info" button calls to be placed without activating the relay (turning on the emergency strobe light, camera, etc.) Four DIP switches are provided for turning ring detection on or off, off-hook/loop detection on or off, 12VDC or dry relay contact output and for selecting a ring cadence mode which allows the relay to follow ringing or to remain activated during the off time of standard ring cadence. The control module can be installed on any standard telephone line or analog PABX/KSU station. The strobe can be interfaced to flash on ringing, off-hook or a combination of ringing and off-hook (line in-use).
The BLK-4 is designed for indoor applications. The BLK- 4-EWP is equipped with Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP) for outdoor installations where the unit is exposed to precipitation or condensation. For more information, see DOD# 859.
The kit includes: (1) control module, (1) SL-2/SL-2-EWP blue LED strobe light, (1) 12V DC power adapter, (16) gelfilled butt connectors and (1) single gang weatherproof mounting box with gaskets and hardware.
Ringing Phone or TTY indication for the hearing impairedRinging phone indication in loud warehouses and factoriesEmergency illumination for emergency phones in elevators, campuses, hallways, parking ramps, etc.Alarm indication for security systems or alarm panels with phone dialers
BLK-4-EWP's control module and strobe light come with Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP), EWP products are designed to meet IP66 Ingress Protection Rating, see DOD# 859Durable polycarbonate lensHigh output long life LED technologyFour programmable flash patterns: - Single Flash - Double Flash - Quad Flash - Flicker Flash6 programmable beacon and strobe brightness settingsImmune to shock and vibrationFlush mount or surface mount with weatherproof single gang box (included)3/4" knockouts for connecting conduit, etc.Strobe and control module may be installed separatelyCan be configured to signal: ringing, off-hook, a combination of both ringing and off-hook (line in-use), or triggered from a contact closureOne set of (NO) normally open and (NC) normally closed relay contacts providedSelectable ring cadence mode (strobe light will remain flashing between rings)Switched 12V DC output (follows relay activation for powering strobe lights, cameras, etc.)On/off switches for ring detection and off-hook/loop detectionDisable input, ideal for use with two-button emergency phones like Viking's E-1600-20A (DOD# 215), will not activate strobe light on "Info" calls
- Power: 120V AC to 12V DC adapter provided
- Maximum Power Supply Run Length on CAT-5: 1 pair = 125 ft, 2 pair = 225 ft, 3 pair = 325 ft, 4 pair = 475 ft
- Maximum SL-2 Wire Run Length on CAT-5: 3 wires = 100 ft, 6 wires = 300 ft
- Strobe Dimensions: 111mm diameter x 69mm (4.38" x 2.75")
- Control Module Dimensions: 74mm x 53mm x 25mm (2.9" x 2.1" x 1.0")
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- Operating Temperature: -26° to 54°C (-15° to 130° F)
- Relay Contact Rating: .5A @ 125V AC/1A @ 30V DC
- Minimum Loop Current: 15 mA
- Minimum Ring Voltage: 25V RMS
- Ringer Equivalence: 0.5 A REN
- Disable/Info Switch Input: 50mA/80mW maximum
- Strobe Flash Rate: 60 flashes per minute (default) see Strobe Flash Patterns page 6
- Humidity - BLK-4: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Humidity - BLK-4-EWP: up to 100% condensing
- Mounting: Fasten to wall, post, etc. with complete surface mounting hardware included
- Connections: Color coded wires with gel-filled butt connectors